Sunday, December 21, 2008

California here we come--right back where we started from!

Yes, we just got word this week...Nate's been accepted into the Radiology residency program at Balboa Naval hospital in San Diego!!! Yeah! I feel a little sheepish announcing this as not everyone got their pick. For those people I truly am soooo sorry! But I am so happy to be moving back! Just hope we can find a place as wonderful to live as we did last time. If anyone knows of a rental opening up this summer, PLEASE let us know. We would love to be back in the same area in Encinitas. Our good neighbor Don used to say to us every morning, "another day in paradise" and it TRULY was!

I must say, I will miss it here, though. Nate and I feel like we're both just getting settled and starting to enjoy it here. We will definitely miss our friends here, the georgeous mountains, our great backyard, and well...for me...Macy's & Khols. Nate probably won't miss the latter two. The kids will especially miss their school, friends and neighbors. Every school they've attended in their lives to date has been "the bestest school EVER!" Hopefully, their new school will earn that title.

Everyone's doing well. Jake's latest obsession is school. He talks about his assignments constantly. Emmy has found a great talent in story-telling. She really brings what she reads to life. They both have found they love singing in choir. They both sing in their school and church choirs. Abigail is...well, Abigail. The other day she told someone, "I am 4 and I'm curious, but as an individual I'm smart".
Yesterday she told Emmy, "you just go with that idea, Freddy".
Emmy, "What did you say to me?".
Abby slowed her speech and repeated herself as if Emmy was stupid.
Emmy, "my names not Freddy!"
At 4 she seems to be running the world.
Vivian is full of delight. She is still trying to get speech down. She jibbers all day long, but it's difficult to understand what she's saying. I love looking at her smile!

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you guys! I'm sure this winter will be much much more fun knowing that you'll have a CA winter next year :)

    I miss you all so much. Keep the stories and pics coming. I'm SO glad we got to spend so much time with you. Thank you thank you! Hugs to everyone, and I'm really glad you joined the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world .. isn't it FUN?? Now I get to add you to my community of bloggers. Love your family picture .. you guys are such a cute family .. your girls are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete