Sunday, February 27, 2011

New Things

Some new things for me this week:

I've finally joined the new age and am now texting....Or rather, Nate bought me a phone that I have the capability to send and receive texts on. Haven't figured out how yet, but I will.

Mom, jeans. They're called "not my daughter's jeans" and they go ALL the way up to my belly button and I LOVE THEM!!! I am SO sick of trying to find clothes to fit that won't shrink up when I sit down or feel like I'm spilling out the top of them. Goodbye fashion--I'm done with you and moving on to a happier simpler life :)

Vegan Chocolate cake. Viv wanted to make a chocolate cake with yellow frosting tonight for Family Night. We had run out of eggs so while looking for an egg substitute online I found a Vegan chocolate cake recipe that was actually quite good. Halfway through I realized we were out of cocoa so I subbed hot chocolate. Used blood oranges for the orange juice it called for and it turned out great. It was spongy, moist and chewy. I'll have to post it on the Bird Food blog.

New use for a food scraper. If you lock yourself out of a room without the keys a food scraper will work as a shimy to open the door without damaging the door. Nate actually discovered this one, but I thought it was useful information.

The number 1 ladies detective agency and Doc Martin. Two new TV shows the family and I like to watch from netflix.

Posting within a month of my last post.

1 comment:

  1. #1 Ladies .. SO good .. I read all the books and then saw the series. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete