Saturday, June 26, 2010

Ah....the sweet life

So, Nate and I have been married 17 years to the day today! Things are going great. I don't know how we got to suddenly be SO lucky. The beginning of this month was SO stressful and today we're feeling so blessed. We LOVE our new place. Our neighbors on one side said we can pick all the avocados (they're Haas, by the way), blood oranges and lemons we want. On the other side we took a peace offering of choc chip cookies for all the fruit the girls have been stealing and they said we're welcome to come pick anytime!!! All their trees drape over our fenceline....Grapefruit, plums, apples, oranges, and the sweetest apricots I've EVER tasted! Mmmmmm.....You know what kind of freaky foodies we are so we are lovin' life.

Oh, and did I mention it is QUIET here? Who knew I could sleep ALL night...Yes, ALL NIGHT! I had no idea how much a quiet neighborhood would mean. Thank you, God, for all we went through to be here today. I LOVE it here!!!!!

Now let's see if those 15 lbs come back now that I'm happy :)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Jeni! On your anniversary and the new house and the generous neighbors and the quiet. (And the 15 lbs... did you REALLY lose 15 lbs in two weeks?? I thought that was a joke!) We're really and truly hoping to come in Sept if the offer to crash at your place is still good. I can't wait to come see you guys!

    ReplyDelete