Sunday, March 7, 2010

Redirecting

I've started taking a parenting class titled, "redirecting children's behavior" and I LOVE it! You see, THIS is what I've always wanted. What I didn't learn in college and why I always feel like I have NO clue whatsoever at being a Mom. People always shush me if I say that--but it's true. I know everything about singing a role on stage or developing a character or how to choreograph a show, etc....But never learned how to raise children. It's all by trial and error so far. I am learning so much and getting wonderful gems to use at home. I have also learned that Nate and I are doing a few things right. Woohoo!

Emmy and I were in a disagreement about something and Jake uttered, "this isn't a democracy Emmy it's a Matriarchy". I said, "What? That isn't true I don't rule the roost" He said, "it's not like I said it was a dictatorship. It is a Matriarchy." OK, so I'm going to have to work on that a little and let my kids make more decisions on their own.

Aunt Emily comes this week! Yeah! Goals: take down the Christmas tree upstairs before she gets here. Yes. I said the Christmas tree.

1 comment:

  1. Jake said that? .... wow - hang on, I need a dictionary...

    ReplyDelete