Sunday, December 13, 2009

My not-so perfect day


Ah! I give up. I thought I would post a new pic, but don't have time to figure out why it only covers half the page....Whatever....

It all started out pretty well. Nate gone, of course on the Sunday we were slotted to sing as a family in church. That's OK, right? I just have to get everyone ready, warmed up, fed, practice a few times and to church by nine. Well, we made it there on time--after a few tears were shed in the car "Jake's singing too loud--he's messing up my part!" Once I get in there they each decide to sit in a different pew. And Vivian decides to duck under one and every time I walk around to get her she crawls to the other side and giggles--boy, must that have been funny to watch! We sang without incident. Church is over. Phew! Go to choir practice, go home, make everyone lunch, read stories, put Viv down for a nap, take a nap myself, wake-up, make dinner, make muffins for choir, burn muffins, race to choir (after a 15 minute search for the car keys), and make it to the choir concert by the skin of our teeth.

The concert went amazingly well. A few gliches here and there, but all in all a beautiful concert. Afterwards, one of the children tells me Abby pinched them and poked them while on stage (yeah...um...what do I say?...she's 5 with a mind of her own) then she decides to go get lost. After searching for nearly 20 minutes I start to panic--as I do. Finally, find her handing out candy canes to people. Aurgh! Get home by 10pm. Luckily, hubbies home and he puts the little ones to bed.

My friends tell me I'm too busy...I think they're right. Ah! bed......

1 comment:

  1. this is how I spend most of my days. i wish I could have heard you guys sing though .. that would have made my holiday! miss and love ya~

    ReplyDelete